The research I did may still help others so I'll leave the site up, but my interests have taken me permanently away from HHO. Visit my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/HHO4gas Download my latest HHO files at: http://www.4shared.com/u/zvmszps/94d1bc4f/Bob_Campbell.html

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Update to the License Plate Generator.


The gaskets have not worked out. The design is basically OK. 5.9 mmw was satisfying, but the gasket material is a problem. I'm going to try ceramics next. I found a source for dielectric ceramic paste. It is made to be fired onto 304 stainless, but 100ml costs $250.00. I'll try a prototype with ordinary pottery glaze before investing that much money. The problem is adhesion to the steel and the difference in coefficient of expansion

One other problem I've had is my passages are too small for a design that has all it's plumbing on one side. The rear plates become starved for fluids and literally fry the KOH to a biscuit. I have new plate design that will allow each plate gap to be supplied with it's own 1/4" plumbing. This will be a true series cell.



My idea is to make a tab at the top of each cell so that I can screw a fitting into the plate. There will be six tabs and six 1/4" connections so each cell is completely separate from the next. Basically I will build six separate cells and stack them together. They will share a plate between them so that the voltage is divided. I want to do this because I think it will work more efficiently than neutral plates, and there will be only one hole in each cell. This will get a ceramic collar and I plan to put a patch of ceramic directly across from the hole to make certain there is no current leakage.

If this one does not work out I think I will have run out of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My latest HHO generator

Other Creative People Who Follow This Blog