The research I did may still help others so I'll leave the site up, but my interests have taken me permanently away from HHO. Visit my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/HHO4gas Download my latest HHO files at: http://www.4shared.com/u/zvmszps/94d1bc4f/Bob_Campbell.html

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Electrolytes

Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) and Potassium hydroxide (KOH) are better than Baking Soda (Sodium bicarbonate or sodium hydrogen carbonate - NaHCO3) because they are a better conductor. Calcium hydroxide, traditionally called slaked lime, hydrated lime, or pickling lime, Ca(OH))2 works but it builds a foamy cake in the bubbler which is detremantal to the maintenance of the electrolizer, and it is not as good a conductor as NaOH or KOH.

Draino is a source of sodium hydroxide but I get a lot of foam. Foaming lowers the efficiency. Besides I think it has a few extra chemicals that are not condusive to HHO

Baking soda is good because it is not toxic but it is not as good a conductor as KOH or (NaOH). KOH is most likely the best choice because it is a very good conductor, and I've heard it leaves no residue, but it is toxic. Use it wisely. I have 90% KOH on order and will report back on my results later.

Bob Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

My latest HHO generator

Other Creative People Who Follow This Blog