The research I did may still help others so I'll leave the site up, but my interests have taken me permanently away from HHO. Visit my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/HHO4gas Download my latest HHO files at: http://www.4shared.com/u/zvmszps/94d1bc4f/Bob_Campbell.html

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Throwing in the towel on the Campbell Gasket

I’m throwing in the towel on the Campbell Gasket. I can’t make these gaskets thin enough and I fully endorse the Mars Gasket. I can’t get enough current, and the efficiency dropped so far that there was no reason to even try measuring it.

I just tested the Campbell gasket with thicker 80-mil acrylic side gaskets. The addition of 80 thousandths (120 VS. 200 mils) caused my amps to drop from 5A to .5A. The decrease in efficiency when I replaced the side of my Campbell Gaskets appears to indicate that closer spacing produces a better efficiency.

The Mars gasket may also find improvement if a thinner gasket can be built, but I have a great deal of faith in it. I’m currently building a cell with the Mars gasket using a 40-mil PVC material. The three layers will total 120-mils. EBN has had good results with 125 mils but they are now using a 62-mil gaskets.

I think I’ve found a source of 20-mil PVC pond liner. Three layers of that will be 60-mils and closer to what I want, so I’ll also try that and compare the results. I think the Mars Gasket has the best shot at success.

Since Mars and I have slightly different approaches it will be interesting to compare notes. If we both agreed on everything we would be doing the exact same research.

I’m grateful for those who are sharing what they are doing. I feel like we are all part of a team working toward a common goal and by sharing our research we all benefit. It also seems to me that lately the research has become much more scientific and advances are following suit.

Bob Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

My latest HHO generator

Other Creative People Who Follow This Blog